Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT)
The medical community has been slow to recognize and provide the truth about synthetic hormones and bioidentical hormones. The biggest misperceptions have centered around the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI), initiated in 1991, which linked an increased incidence of cancer, heart attack, stroke, blood clots, and Alzheimer’s disease with taking Premarin and Provera. These are synthetic hormones which do not resemble the hormones made by the human body. Furthermore, women who have tried synthetic hormones are frequently miserable taking them, experiencing depression, weight gain, and other side effects.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) prescribes hormones that are identical in molecular structure to the hormones made in the human body. They are obviously more compatible with our body and allow for a natural response, resulting in a much lower chance of any side effects.
Benefits to BHRT
- Increased energy (increased sensitivity to insulin allows the body to more effectively produce energy)
- Better sleeping profile
- Increased muscle mass
- Increased bone density (preventing osteoporosis)
- Loss of fat: fat cells produce estrogen, so having adequate estrogen levels means less fat storage.
- Balanced moods: lessening feelings of depression, anxiety, and anger. Fewer mood swings and improved cognition.
- Increased libido
- Increased skin elasticity, increased vaginal lubrication, and decreased hot flashes for women
- Restored muscle mass, improved erectile function, and reduced hair thinning for men
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) slows the aging process in men and women by restoring the body’s naturally identical hormone levels. It enhances longevity and health, revitalizes energy levels, and improves the overall quality of life.
The Big Players